nous sommes architectes et nous essayons de trouver les caracteristiques de la toile dont s’est servi Christo pour l’emballage du pont neuf à Paris, ainsi que le nom du fabricant ou son representant.( eventuellement celui de l’entreprise qui l’a mise en oeuvre). Ceci est pour un usage strictement personnel. un grand merci à vous.

TAGS :

Réponse apportée le 01/08/2007  par PARIS Bpi – Actualité, Art moderne, Art contemporain, Presse

Bonjour,

voici ci-dessous les informations trouvées sur le site officiel de Christo à l’adresse suivante : http://www.christojeanneclaude.net/

Les informations sont en anglais et la réponse précise à votre question n’y est pas, cependant une rubrique « contact » est proposée.
Je vous suggère d’y recourir. Ces informations de base se retrouvent dans les ouvrages à notre disposition dans la collection de la Bpi.

Par ailleurs, un article du journal « Le Matin de Paris » du 30 juillet 1985, intitulé « Les couturières d’Armentières » mentionne une usine du Nord, dirigée à l’époque par Paul Walrave, qui dépendait du groupe Latim.

L’usine semble ne plus exister.

A toutes fins utiles sachez que le siège du groupe Latim est aujourd’hui situé :
44, rue Salengro
94120 Fontenay-sous-Bois
Tél 01.48.76.00.19

Vous pouvez consulter et imprimer l’article intégral sur place à la Bpi en consultant la base de données Bpi-Doc

Vous pouvez également consulter en ligne cet article de la Voix du Nord intitulé :

Armentières : avec celle des Éts Dufour-Deren, c’est un peu de l’histoire de la ville qui est retracée
Publié le 30/04/2008
http://www.lavoixeco.com/actualite/Secteurs_activites/Textile/2008/04/30/article_avec-celle-des-ets-dufour-deren-c-est-un..html

*************************
Extrait du site officiel Christo :

On September 22, 1985, a group of 300 professional workers completed the temporary work of art The Pont Neuf Wrapped. They had deployed 40,876 square meters (454,178 square feet) of woven polyamide fabric, silky in appearance and golden sandstone in color, covering:

The sides and vaults of the twelve arches, without hindering river traffic.
The parapets down to the ground.
The sidewalks and curbs (pedestrians walked on the fabric)
All the street lamps on both sides of the bridge.
The vertical part of the embankment of the western tip of the Ile de la Cité.
The esplanade of the « Vert-Galant ».
The fabric was restrained by 13,076 meters (42,900 feet) of rope and secured by 12.1 metric tons (11.8 long tons) of steel chains encircling the base of each tower, 1 meter (3.3 feet ) underwater.

The « Charpentiers de Paris » headed by Gérard Moulin, with French sub-contractors, were assisted by the USA engineers who have worked on Christo and Jeanne-Claude’s previous projects, under the direction of Theodore Dougherty: Vahé Aprahamian, August L. Huber, James Fuller, John Thomson and Dimiter Zagoroff.

Johannes Schaub, the project’s director had submitted the work method and detailed plans and received approval for the project from the authorities of the City of Paris, the Departement of the Seine and the State.

600 monitors, in crews of 40, lead by Simon Chaput, were working around the clock maintaining the project and giving information, until the removal of the project on October 7.

All expenses for The Pont Neuf Wrapped were borne by the artists as in their other projects through the sale of preparatory drawings and collages as well as earlier works.

Begun under Henri III, the Pont-Neuf was completed in July 1606, during the reign of Henry IV. No other bridge in Paris offers such topographical and visual variety, today as in the past. From 1578 to 1890, the Pont Neuf underwent continual changes and additions of the most extravagant sort, such as the construction of shops on the bridge under Soufflot, the building, demolition, rebuilding and once again demolition of the massive rococco structure which housed the Samaritaine’s water pump. Wrapping the Pont-Neuf continues this tradition of successive metamorphoses by a new sculptural dimension and transforms it, for fourteen days, into a work of art .

Ropes held down the fabric to the bridge’s surface and maintained the principal shapes, accentuating relief while emphasizing proportions and details of the Pont-Neuf which joins the left and right banks and the Ile de la Cité, the heart of Paris for over two thousand years.

Cordialement,

Eurêkoi
Réponses à distance
Bibliothèque publique d’information
Site internet : http://wwww.bpi.fr

Thème(s) :

Vous aussi vous avez une question ? 

POSEZ-NOUS VOTRE QUESTION

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *